Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Menachem Bazian, CPA (NY)" <me...@bcconsultingservices.com> on 2006/11/14 18:27:41 UTC

Where are files stored?

Please forgive a total newbie question.

When I setup a new repository and import a project into it, where are the
files stored?

I have two servers. One is backed up regularly and one has Subversion on
it. I want the files to be stored on the backed up server (running win2k3
server btw) but I want subversion running on the not-backed up server.
(Actually, it's not my choice but that's another story).

Am I asking for trouble? Suggestions???

Thanks in advance...

Menachem Bazian, CPA
President
BC Consulting Services, Inc.
menachem@BCConsultingServices.com
www.BCConsultingServices.com
973-773-7276 (Voice)
240-363-7298 (Fax)

Please note my new email address.

Re: Where are files stored?

Posted by Thomas Harold <tg...@tgharold.com>.
Menachem Bazian, CPA (NY) wrote:
> When you say "files", you mean the source code files, right? If I am
> reading this right, SVN stores the files in a database (much like VSS
> does).

Yes (is, I think, the answer)

On your desktop machine, you have a working folder (just like with VSS)
and you commit changes to the central repository (a folder up on the
server).  The important thing to backup is that central repository folder.

Re: Where are files stored?

Posted by "Menachem Bazian, CPA (NY)" <me...@bcconsultingservices.com>.

Re: Where are files stored?

Posted by Tim Hill <dr...@comcast.net>.

Re: Where are files stored?

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On 11/14/06, Menachem Bazian, CPA (NY)
<me...@bcconsultingservices.com> wrote:
> Please forgive a total newbie question.
>
> When I setup a new repository and import a project into it, where are the
> files stored?
>
> I have two servers. One is backed up regularly and one has Subversion on
> it. I want the files to be stored on the backed up server (running win2k3
> server btw) but I want subversion running on the not-backed up server.
> (Actually, it's not my choice but that's another story).

They're stored in the location where you told svnadmin create to put
them. If you ran "svnadmin create c:\repository" then the files are
stored in an FSFS format (by default, in SVN 1.2 and later) database
in c:\repository.