Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> on 2006/07/12 19:09:43 UTC

Re: rev:421075 - Define struct iovec for mingw - causes redefinition problems...

On 7/12/06, Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com> wrote:
>   The patch
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_want.h?r1=151412&r2=421075
> which adds a hard coded definition of struct iovec causes redefinition
> problems at least on the NetWare platform and I would imagine others as
> well.  The problem is that both the definitions of struct iovec found in
> sys/uio.h as well as the hard coded definition found in apr_want.h will
> be included under certain circumstances.

What circumstance is that?

The inclusion of the struct iovec def in apr_want.h is controlled by
the APR_HAVE_IOVEC feature check in autoconf.

So, if it were dually included from both sys/uio.h and apr_want.h,
that means that the autoconf test is failing and that sys/uio.h
actually has the struct iovec definition and autoconf doesn't know
that.

How does NW define the apr.h file?  Perhaps it's just missing
#define'ing APR_HAVE_IOVEC to 1?  That might be a more logical
explanation actually...  -- justin

Re: rev:421075 - Define struct iovec for mingw - causes redefinition problems...

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On 7/12/06, Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com> wrote:
> > How does NW define the apr.h file?  Perhaps it's just missing
> > #define'ing APR_HAVE_IOVEC to 1?  That might be a more logical
> > explanation actually...  -- justi
>
> Yes, you are correct.  NetWare does not have autoconf and since the
> #define APR_HAVE_IOVEC was not added to the apr.hnw, it caused the
> compilation error.  I will get the #define added.

Ah.  Good - sorry 'bout that though.

Thanks!  -- justin

Re: rev:421075 - Define struct iovec for mingw - causes redefinition problems...

Posted by Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com>.
<5c...@mail.gmail.com>, "Justin
Erenkrantz" <ju...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> On 7/12/06, Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com> wrote:
>>   The patch

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_want.h?r1=151412&r2=421

> 075
>> which adds a hard coded definition of struct iovec causes
redefinition
>> problems at least on the NetWare platform and I would imagine others
as
>> well.  The problem is that both the definitions of struct iovec
found in
>> sys/uio.h as well as the hard coded definition found in apr_want.h
will
>> be included under certain circumstances.
>
> What circumstance is that?
>
> The inclusion of the struct iovec def in apr_want.h is controlled by
> the APR_HAVE_IOVEC feature check in autoconf.
>
> So, if it were dually included from both sys/uio.h and apr_want.h,
> that means that the autoconf test is failing and that sys/uio.h
> actually has the struct iovec definition and autoconf doesn't know
> that.
>
> How does NW define the apr.h file?  Perhaps it's just missing
> #define'ing APR_HAVE_IOVEC to 1?  That might be a more logical
> explanation actually...  -- justi

Yes, you are correct.  NetWare does not have autoconf and since the
#define APR_HAVE_IOVEC was not added to the apr.hnw, it caused the
compilation error.  I will get the #define added.

Brad