Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/20 16:18:13 UTC

Delete stale files in tomcat-trunk workspace

Hi!

Can someone delete the following folder at vmgump, note the double
"jdbc-pool/jdbc-pool" ?

 /srv/gump/public/workspace/tomcat-trunk/modules/jdbc-pool/jdbc-pool/

The "modules/jdbc-pool" is a valid folder from source three [1], but
second nested "modules/jdbc-pool/jdbc-pool" is a wrong one.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/trunk/modules/

I reckon that someone was experimenting with svn:externals property on
one of those folders, and so I suppose that this wrong "jdbc-pool" is
a nested svn Working copy created from such external. It is known
issue that svn 1.6 clients are not able to remove such nested WCs when
external is removed.

This problem was unnoticed, but two days ago I enabled checkstyle
checks for that module. Those stale sources cause failure of
tomcat-trunk-validate build [2].

[2] http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/tomcat-trunk/tomcat-trunk-validate/gump_work/build_tomcat-trunk_tomcat-trunk-validate.html

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: Delete stale files in tomcat-trunk workspace

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2012/1/21 Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>:
> On 2012-01-20, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>
>> Can someone delete the following folder at vmgump, note the double
>> "jdbc-pool/jdbc-pool" ?
>
>>  /srv/gump/public/workspace/tomcat-trunk/modules/jdbc-pool/jdbc-pool/
>
> I've deleted the whole working copy of tomcat-trunk which should make
> Gump create a fresh checkout and purge everything from the workspace
> when it syncs on the next Gump run.
>
> Also done for the FreeBSD jail.

Thank you!
Confirming that the issue is resolved. The recent build has been successful.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2012-01-20, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

> Can someone delete the following folder at vmgump, note the double
> "jdbc-pool/jdbc-pool" ?

>  /srv/gump/public/workspace/tomcat-trunk/modules/jdbc-pool/jdbc-pool/

I've deleted the whole working copy of tomcat-trunk which should make
Gump create a fresh checkout and purge everything from the workspace
when it syncs on the next Gump run.

Also done for the FreeBSD jail.

Stefan