Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> on 2017/07/06 20:47:56 UTC

[ANN] MMaven Resolver 1.1.0 released

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven
Resolver version 1.1.0.

This module generates browsable HTML pages from Java source code.

https://maven.apache.org/resolver/

Release Notes - Maven Resolver - Version Maven Artifact Resolver 1.1.0
** Bug
     * [MRESOLVER-13] - Exceptions are suppressed incorrectly when
closing resources fails
     * [MRESOLVER-19] - DefaultRepositorySystem resolveDependencies()
can yield a NullPointerException

** Improvement
     * [MRESOLVER-4] - Use java.util.Objects#requireNonNull to intercept
null input
     * [MRESOLVER-6] - Use java.nio.charset.StandardCharsets wherever
possible
     * [MRESOLVER-11] - Project dependency collection result should
contain repositories.
     * [MRESOLVER-14] - Statistics should be calculated using
System.nanoTime() instead of System.currentTimeMillis()
     * [MRESOLVER-18] - DefaultDependencyCollector does not provide
pre-managed state for exclusions and properties.
     * [MRESOLVER-23] - Avoid implicit primitive type casts
     * [MRESOLVER-24] - Turn some IllegalArgumentExceptions into
IllegalStateExceptions
     * [MRESOLVER-26] - add Automatic-Module-Name entry to MANIFEST.MF
for Java 9 automatic module names

** New Feature
     * [MRESOLVER-2] - Add repository id to TransferResource

** Task
     * [MRESOLVER-3] - Update dependencies
     * [MRESOLVER-5] - Update minimum Java version to 1.7
     * [MRESOLVER-16] - Site should contain links to the license
     * [MRESOLVER-22] - Upgrade to Maven Parent 30

Enjoy,

-The Apache Maven team

Re: [ANN] MMaven Resolver 1.1.0 released

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
On 7 Jul 2017, at 8:47, Michael Osipov wrote:

> Release Notes - Maven Resolver - Version Maven Artifact Resolver 1.1.0
> ** Bug
>     * [MRESOLVER-13] - Exceptions are suppressed incorrectly when closing resources fails
>     * [MRESOLVER-19] - DefaultRepositorySystem resolveDependencies() can yield a NullPointerException

Interesting, updating one of my mojo which use this to 1.1.0 and I get:

---
"The ease with which a change can be implemented has no relevance at all to whether it is the right change for the (Java) Platform for all time." &mdash; Mark Reinhold.

Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net
http://www.chaliceofblood.net
http://plus.google.com/+MarkDerricutt
http://twitter.com/talios
http://facebook.com/mderricutt

Re: [ANN] MMaven Resolver 1.1.0 released

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
On 7 Jul 2017, at 13:34, Mark Derricutt wrote:

> when running out of Maven 3.5. Odd thing is - it happened 3 times, and now I can't reproduce it. Bizarre...

Actually can reproduce it all the time down, I was running my build in slightly different ways between tests, when adding -U to for SNAPSHOT updates my mojo kicks in a different way and forces the resolver to resolve, and we hit this.

---

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
On 7 Jul 2017, at 8:47, Michael Osipov wrote:

> Release Notes - Maven Resolver - Version Maven Artifact Resolver 1.1.0
> ** Bug
>     * [MRESOLVER-13] - Exceptions are suppressed incorrectly when closing resources fails
>     * [MRESOLVER-19] - DefaultRepositorySystem resolveDependencies() can yield a NullPointerException

Ewps - somehow I pre-emptively sent the message accidentally.

Interesting, updating one of my mojos which use this to 1.1.0 and I get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.aether.transfer.TransferResource.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/io/File;Lorg/eclipse/aether/RequestTrace;)V
	at org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector.newTransferResource(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:309)
	at org.eclipse.aether.connector.basic.BasicRepositoryConnector.get(BasicRepositoryConnector.java:239)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.performDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:529)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:430)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:255)
	at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:232)
	at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:268)