Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Phillip Urrea <Ph...@esbic.ie> on 2001/10/12 10:30:04 UTC

SOAP Extensions

I am developing a web applet that is simply the presentation layer on a
application sitting on top of a view controller proxy which is a SOAP
client. The SOAP client the contacts the business layer proxy on the
server (which is a SOAP server) and requests objects to alter the view
of the applet.
I was wondering if anybody has come across SOAP extensions that would
allow you to compress either the entire SOAP envelope (or just the
serialised object) and send it across the SOAP transport to be
decompressed on the other side?
I know that such extensions exist for both compression and encryption on
Microsoft's .NET implementation but is there a similar package on the
cards for Apache SOAP? Alternatively, if a custom
serialiser/deserialiser was written to preform the compression and
decompression automatically, would this fit into the current
implementation?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Phillip Urrea

Re: Soap server cannot locate target object

Posted by Alex Kashko <aa...@yahoo.com>.
Two of us double checked the classpath - The font in Windows environment control panel is
too small for me and I expected there might be something wrong. We corrected it and the
problem persisted. We restarted Tomcat with an explicit classpath (creating a batch file
from the targets of the menu shortcuts the installer created and inserting a classpath)
and the problem persisted.

It WAS a classpath problem since jarring up the classfile and putting the jar file in
Tomcat-home/lib, where jarfiles are automatically added, cured it.

I now need to dig into the documentation I have and find exactly how to modify the
classpath Tomcat 4.0 uses at launch. Otherwise "hot deployment" in the course of testing
becomes difficult and the tomcat_home/lib directory will get cluttered with junk.

As usual solving one problem leads to another. A good solution is one that leads to a
good problem.

http://personals.yahoo.com

Re: Soap server cannot locate target object

Posted by Alex Kashko <aa...@yahoo.com>.

http://personals.yahoo.com

Re: Soap server cannot locate target object

Posted by Aczél Csilla <ac...@freemail.hu>.

Posted by Aczél Csilla <ac...@freemail.hu>.

Posted by Alex Kashko <aa...@yahoo.com>.
I'm writing a simple HelloWorld server/client pair modifiying the code (in trivial ways)
I got from www.skyserver.org.

I have two classes
c:\ApacheGroup\Soap-2_2\samples\local\SoapHelloServer.class
c:\ApacheGroup\Soap-2_2\samples\local\SoapHelloClient.class

everything compiles fine with Kawa pro and I deploy the service (urn:SoapHelloServer) OK
using the
Apache Admin tool and the entries match those in the screenshot on www.skyserver.org

typing java SoapHelloClient gives the following fault

Unable to resolve target object: SoapHelloServer

Set up and Background
Running  Apache Soap 2_2
 xerces.jar from Xerces 1.4.3 (I found Apache's samples won't run with xerces 2.0 and I
have also tried 1.2.3)
Windows NT

Yes  my  system classpath does include c:\ApacheGroup\Soap-2_2\samples\local