Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by prashant ullegaddi <pr...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/19 13:55:08 UTC

PageRanking with Lucene

Hi,

We have some 50M pages, and we also have computed PageRanks of those pages.
What's the best way to combine lucene's score with PageRank?

Regards,
Prashant.

Re: PageRanking with Lucene

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Jul 22, 2009, at 6:30 AM, prashant ullegaddi wrote:

> Is it that boost of a Document is stored in 6-bits?

Kind of, the boost is stored in the norm, which also includes other
factors like length normalization.  There is one byte for all of those
factors, whereas w/ the function approach, you can have as much
representation as you want, same as the payload approach.

Re: PageRanking with Lucene

Posted by prashant ullegaddi <pr...@gmail.com>.

Re: PageRanking with Lucene

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search

RE: PageRanking with Lucene

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
You can set the PageRank as the boost factor for each document.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen