Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Roland Beuker <ro...@xs4all.nl> on 2004/12/14 10:26:56 UTC

Is JAX-RPC really not capable of processing complex data types? What about the AXIS implementation?

Is JAX-RPC really not capable of processing complex data types? I am
using Soap to fill the gap between C++ and Java... If JAX-RPC only
supports simple type objects the whole idea is not working :-(

Hi!
JAX-RPC only receives the simple type object as parameters just because
they implement the Serialization interface which make sure these objects
can
be transformed over network!it works like this:
1)serialize your object before they are transformed
2)object is transformed over network in binary stream
3)at destination,the binary stream is deserialized,and form the correct
object!
4)the object is used at the destination
Of course,it is not you who do the serialization work and
deserialization work!
but you need to ensure your object can be serialized and
deserialized,and what
you actually need to do is to implement the serialization interface!If
you have done
some RMI programs,you would be very clear about this point!
So JAX-RPC only allows simple type objects used as params in the method!may
be in the future,this package can be more stronger and thus programmers can
obtain more choices!
Hope that my advice can help and have a nice day