Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by "Roberts, Geoffry [USA]" <Ro...@bah.com> on 2019/08/29 20:03:43 UTC

Re: [External] Fw: Adding a new language to Thrift

I am not trying to contribute but get the stuff working so I can use it, which is why I thought of myself as a user.  I'll be happy if I can get my own little build.

On 8/29/19, 3:59 PM, "Jens Geyer" <je...@hotmail.com> wrote:

    Hi,

    I am a bit worried by the statement "The basics were done by someone else
    here". The project linked is under a MIT style license, and you are not the
    original author. The ASF usually requires the contributor of the source
    (which would be you) contributed to an ASF project to have adequate rights
    to do so. I'd doubt that you can simply take someone elses code and
    contribute it under APL 2. Even if we talk about OSS, that is questionable.

    Would it be an option to ask the original owner of the code whether he/she
    wants to contribute the code him/herself and put the contribution under APL
    2?

    Have fun,
    JensG