Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Michael Harrison <mi...@turnford.net> on 2003/12/09 19:59:56 UTC

Running James as a service with auto recovery

Hi
I am a small time user of James and have it installed and running on a
small server for my own email needs. I would appreciate a link or advice
on how to configure James as a service rather than having to start it as
a batch file and whether or not there is an auto recovery facility with
it running as aservice.Any help or pointers would be most greatly
appreciated
Many Thanks
Michael

RE: Running James as a service with auto recovery

Posted by Michael Harrison <mi...@turnford.net>.
Hi
Thanks very much for that, I new the wrapper was there but every time I
tried to run it by double clicking on it, nothing seemed t happen. But I
used the command line you supplied and it is now installed as a service
and configured to restart if it fails.
Many Thanks
Michael harrison

Posted by Dick Dowdell <dd...@argsol.com>.

Posted by Dick Dowdell <dd...@argsol.com>.
If memory serves me, there is a Windows executable (Wrapper.exe) in the
bin directory of the Avalon Phoenix installation directory within which
James runs.  With the command prompt at the bin directory, the command is: