Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Paul Gale <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/27 17:52:39 UTC

wireFormat.cacheSize definition?

Hi,

I have some questions regarding this option as the documentation is next to
useless on this:

   1. What items are retained in this cache? The documentation just calls
   the items 'values'.
   2. Is a separate cache maintained per destination?
   3. What behavior does cache size influence?
   4. Does cacheSize apply to both queues and topics? If not, then which?
   5. Are there any other configuration options (not just wireFormat ones)
   that might defeat the size and use of cacheSize (other than
   wireFormat.cacheEnabled)?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: wireFormat.cacheSize definition?

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
objects such as ProducerId, ConsumerId, MessageId, etc etc can be cached to
save on bandwidth. the cache is per connection applying to all command
objects.

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog