Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/02/21 08:33:29 UTC

Re: cvs commit: gump/project jakarta-jmeter.xml

On 20 Feb 2005, <se...@apache.org> wrote:

>   Anakia also needs logkit..

Sebb, maybe we should assemble an Anakia project that has runtime
dependencies on all the stuff needed to run it and have all projects
that use Anakia depend on that.

jakarta-site2 used to be such a project, but since it has switched to
XSLT instead of Anakia recently, I was planning to remove the now
unneeded dependencies from there.

This list

>        <work nested="lib/logkit-1.2.jar"/>
>        <work nested="lib/commons-collections.jar"/>
>        <work nested="lib/velocity-1.4-dev.jar"/>
>        <work nested="legacy/jdom-b9.jar"/>

looks complete, given that jakarta-site2 is

    <depend project="jdom"/>
    <depend project="jakarta-velocity"/>
    <depend project="avalon-logkit"/>
    <depend project="commons-collections"/>

HEAD of velocity should work with HEAD of JDom, BTW.

Stefan

Re: cvs commit: gump/project jakarta-jmeter.xml

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:33:29 +0100, Stefan Bodewig
> <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

>> Sebb, maybe we should assemble an Anakia project that has runtime
>> dependencies on all the stuff needed to run it and have all
>> projects that use Anakia depend on that.
>
> Sounds useful.

Is already there - project is named anakia.

>> HEAD of velocity should work with HEAD of JDom, BTW.
>
> Not tried that - I'll  give it a go sometime.

At least until jakarta-site2 switched to XSLT, it worked fine.

Stefan

Re: cvs commit: gump/project jakarta-jmeter.xml

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:33:29 +0100, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 20 Feb 2005, <se...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >   Anakia also needs logkit..
>
> Sebb, maybe we should assemble an Anakia project that has runtime
> dependencies on all the stuff needed to run it and have all projects
> that use Anakia depend on that.

Sounds useful.

> jakarta-site2 used to be such a project, but since it has switched to
> XSLT instead of Anakia recently, I was planning to remove the now
> unneeded dependencies from there.

I was also thinking about replacing Anakia by XSLT in JMeter.
It's getting complicated to support two versions of JDom, and we can
then drop some jars.
But this will take a while, as the stylesheet is rather out of date.

> This list
>
> >        <work nested="lib/logkit-1.2.jar"/>
> >        <work nested="lib/commons-collections.jar"/>
> >        <work nested="lib/velocity-1.4-dev.jar"/>
> >        <work nested="legacy/jdom-b9.jar"/>
>
> looks complete, given that jakarta-site2 is
>
>     <depend project="jdom"/>
>     <depend project="jakarta-velocity"/>
>     <depend project="avalon-logkit"/>
>     <depend project="commons-collections"/>
>
> HEAD of velocity should work with HEAD of JDom, BTW.

Not tried that - I'll  give it a go sometime.
There's no particular need to use the CVS jars for building
documentation in Gump - though we do need them for standalone doc
creation - AFAIK Velocity have not yet released a new version that
works with JDom 1.0.