Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by an...@wipro.com on 2006/08/17 10:26:31 UTC

Cocoon 2.1.7 and XSL-FO

Hi,

We are using Cocoon 2.1.7 and we get the following error when trying to
transform the output using XSL-FO into a pdf stream: -

An Error Occurred
attribute-set named xref.properties does not exist
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error executing pipeline.:
java.lang.RuntimeException: attribute-set named xref.properties does not
exist cause: java.lang.RuntimeException: attribute-set named
xref.properties does not exist full exception chain stacktrace[hide]
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error executing pipeline.:
java.lang.RuntimeException: attribute-set named xref.properties does not
exist	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.handleE
xception(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:940)

Has it got to do with a specific version of Cocoon?

Regards
Anand

www.wipro.com

Re: Cocoon 2.1.7 and XSL-FO

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 8/17/06, anand.vasudevan@wipro.com <an...@wipro.com> wrote:

> ...An Error Occurred
> attribute-set named xref.properties does not exist...

> ...Has it got to do with a specific version of Cocoon?...

No, this is definitely an error in the XSL-FO document that is being
fed to FOP when trying to serialize to PDF.

-Bertrand

RE: Cocoon 2.1.7 and XSL-FO

Posted by Andrew Stevens <at...@hotmail.com>.
>From: <an...@wipro.com>
>Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:56:31 +0530
>
>Hi,
>
>We are using Cocoon 2.1.7 and we get the following error when trying to
>transform the output using XSL-FO into a pdf stream: -
>
>An Error Occurred
>attribute-set named xref.properties does not exist
>org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error executing pipeline.:
>java.lang.RuntimeException: attribute-set named xref.properties does not
>exist cause: java.lang.RuntimeException: attribute-set named
>xref.properties does not exist full exception chain stacktrace[hide]
>org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error executing pipeline.:
>java.lang.RuntimeException: attribute-set named xref.properties does not
>exist	at
>org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.handleE
>xception(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:940)
>

>Has it got to do with a specific version of Cocoon?

I guess it's possible, but the error message sounds to me more like there's
something about the XSL-FO you're passing into the serializer that it
doesn't like.  Specifically, at a point where you're trying to use the
"xref.properties" attribute set, it doesn't know of a set with that name.
Have you tried substituting the xml serializer, and checking the XSL-FO
directly?  Does the attribute set definition have the right
namespace/prefix? (if I recall correctly, attribute-set should be in the xsl
namespace, not the fo namespace)

Andrew.