Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by SAVERIO FERRARO <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2007/04/12 13:04:10 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.17 and IPv6 configuration

Hi all,
I have some problem with tomcat 5.5.17 and IPV6.
I installed Microsoft IPv6 on Win 2000 sp3 and then Tomcat 5.5.17.
Now I can access to Tomcat page from Internet Explorer 6 with
http://localhost:8080 but not with http://[::]:8080.
I have just tried with http://[::1]:8080 and with http://[full ipv6
address]:8080 but nothing!
The same problem there is with Win XP SP2, even if the output of the comand
"netstat -an" shows that there is a listen port [::] 8080
May You help me?
Thanks.
Saverio FERRARO

Re: Tomcat 5.5.17 and IPv6 configuration

Posted by SAVERIO FERRARO <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks too much for the responce!
I try with  http://127.0.0.1:8080/ and it works.
But it doesn't work with both http://[::127:0:0:1]:8080/  and
http://[127:0:0:1::]:8080/.
I try also with http://[::127.0.0.1]:8080/  and http://[127.0.0.1::]:8080/,
but nothing.

thank.
Saverio

Posted by Rashmi Rubdi <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
Thanks Martin.... have it installed... everthing else works BUT IE6, tracert
ping 6, ipconfig... all show protocol is installed and working... IE7 works,
Opera Works, IE6 doesnt... there is some problem with IE6...

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
YES, thought so.... IE7 works with all the IP6 address's below

The problem is IE6... get IE7

BUT

Internet Explorer 7 will run on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP
Professional x64 Edition, and Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Memory requirements listed below are for Internet Explorer itself. Any
machine with the recommended amount of memory for Windows (for example, 128
MB for Windows XP and 256 MB for Windows XP Professional x64) will meet the
memory requirements for Internet Explorer 7.

Looks like it excludes Win 2000 sp3
So... I suggest you get Opera.... I got it on my 2000 sp4 servers... works
well