Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mamta Singh <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/08 17:04:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Error: [warn] Useless use of AllowOverride

Hi all,

I have apache2.2 and tomcat 5.5 installed. when ever i start apache server i
got this warning:        [warn] Useless use of AllowOverride in line .....

I checked these line numbers are in mod_jk.conf file which has been
auto-generated by  tomcat. These lines are:

    <Location "/servlets-examples/WEB-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None   => on this line
        deny from all
    </Location>

    <Location "/servlets-examples/META-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None   => on this line
        deny from all
    </Location>

Does any one have idea why I am getting this warning.

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] Error: [warn] Useless use of AllowOverride

Posted by Mamta Singh <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the quick reply. You are right AllowOverride should be in
Directory context and I have that correctly in *apache2.conf.*

But it is also written in Location context in  *mod_jk.conf *which has
generated automatically and because of which it is giving me warning.

I don't understand why it is so as I didn't write anything it was
autogenerated by tomcat.

Posted by "Neil A. Hillard" <ne...@agustawestland.com>.
Hi,