Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Javier padron <jp...@nartexsoft.com> on 2007/01/25 19:36:04 UTC

Where begin to develop a new Portal ??

Hello to all.

I have installed complete version of JetSpeed2 with Oracle, last
compilation run without problems.

I must develop a new PORTAL, and I do not know well by where to begin. I
have made tests having constructed portlets (helloPortlet) and added in
default jetspeed portal, but he is not that what desire.

I need a Portal where it does not see any of the contents of the portal
by defect (jetspeed logos, links...). How I do it?, I have read in the
Web of jetspeed that I can change templates and play with decorators (to
change menus, styles, foot of pages, headers...), to change the aspect
of the portal, but I am not sure if I must make a parallel portal or
develop within the present portal and change to him to the
style/templates.

Which is the correct form, modify the default portal, or create new,
how?

Thank you very much to all!

Javier Padron
Nartex Software
http://www.nartexsoft.com

Re: Where begin to develop a new Portal ??

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Here is a good starting point:

http://portals.apache.org/tutorials/jetspeed-2/index.html

Just beware that the tutorial is new, and that you may experience
difficulties with the Maven-2 build

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software