Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Verónica Santos <ve...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/20 05:48:48 UTC

Subversion Failed - Not finding solution

Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot solve the problem, I'll have to uninstall, too bad
because I have another PC where it works fine. I have no idea what's the
problem. Repository Browser fails, no matter which repository I use (I
tried with two different ones from XP-Dev, one of them was completely
empty, just created).

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits and I installed Tortoise SVN 1.8.0
for 64 bits.

Regards,
Veronica.

Subversion reported the following
(you can copy the content of this dialog
to the clipboard using Ctrl-C):

In file
 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.8.0\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_client\ra.c'
 line 647: assertion failed (peg_revnum != SVN_INVALID_REVNUM)
---------------------------
Aceptar
---------------------------

Re: Subversion Failed - Not finding solution

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 09:15:55AM -0700, Fredric QJ Blåholtz wrote:
> I changed to the latest TortoiseSVN 1.7, works fine.
>
> It would have been nice if the e-mails this group generates had a link to
> this page - so you don't have to google it to find your way back.

The google group you seem to be using is managed by google and not
by the Subversion project. We use a mailing list, see
http://subversion.apache.org/mailing-lists.html

Google seems to somehow provide an interface to this list which
some people then use to post to our list. But it's not the official
way of contacting this list.

Re: Subversion Failed - Not finding solution

Posted by Fredric QJ Blåholtz <e5...@gmail.com>.
I changed to the latest TortoiseSVN 1.7, works fine.

It would have been nice if the e-mails this group generates had a link to
this page - so you don't have to google it to find your way back.

I don't really care anymore, I just wanted to tell someone that it didn't
work, 1.7 works fine for me.

RE: Subversion Failed - Not finding solution

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

SUCCESS
> > value.
> >
> > My educated guess would be that this server runs behind some proxy
> server
> > that doesn't support Chunked transfers.
>
> Yes, it appears to be nginx:
>
> OPTIONS /svn/1541UltimateII/trunk HTTP/1.1
> Host: svn2.xp-dev.com
> DAV: http://subversion.tigris.org/xmlns/dav/svn/depth
> DAV: http://subversion.tigris.org/xmlns/dav/svn/mergeinfo
> DAV: http://subversion.tigris.org/xmlns/dav/svn/log-revprops
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked

I lost my testcase... :( or :-)
this server has now been upgraded to nginx 1.4.1 and Subversion 1.8.0 can
now checkout normally.

	Bert

Re: Subversion Failed - Not finding solution

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.
"Bert Huijben" <be...@qqmail.nl> writes:

> I can reproduce this problem with 1.8.0 / trunk
> svn co http://svn2.xp-dev.com/svn/1541UltimateII/trunk tmp
>
> Looking with the debugger I see that serf ignores a HTTP 411 - Length
> Required error and just returns the default (invalid) revision as SUCCESS
> value.
>
> My educated guess would be that this server runs behind some proxy server
> that doesn't support Chunked transfers.

Yes, it appears to be nginx:

OPTIONS /svn/1541UltimateII/trunk HTTP/1.1
Host: svn2.xp-dev.com
DAV: http://subversion.tigris.org/xmlns/dav/svn/depth
DAV: http://subversion.tigris.org/xmlns/dav/svn/mergeinfo
DAV: http://subversion.tigris.org/xmlns/dav/svn/log-revprops
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

83
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><D:options xmlns:D="DAV:"><D:activity-coll
ection-set></D:activity-collection-set></D:options>
0

HTTP/1.1 411 Length Required
Server: nginx/1.1.19
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 16:37:06 GMT
Connection: close

<center><h1>411 Length Required</h1></center>

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco | Non-Stop Data

RE: Subversion Failed - Not finding solution

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

;-)

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.

Posted by Günther Schabus <gu...@rs-software.at>.
I am experiencing a similar problem, right after updating to Version
1.8.0.24401, 64 bit on a Windows 8.0 64 bit machine.

When trying to connect to an existing repository i am getting
the following error.

In file
 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-
1.8.0\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_client\ra.c'
 line 647: assertion failed (peg_revnum != SVN_INVALID_REVNUM)
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your support, Günther

Re: Subversion Failed - Not finding solution

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Verónica Santos,
am Donnerstag, 20. Juni 2013 um 05:48 schrieben Sie:

> Unfortunately, I cannot solve the problem, I'll have to uninstall,
> too bad because I have another PC where it works fine. I have no
> idea what's the problem. Repository Browser fails, no matter which
> repository I use (I tried with two different ones from XP-Dev, one
> of them was completely empty, just created).

You really should have provided some more details about what exactly
you did under which environment, with URLs, explaining what you mean
with to have another PC where "it's" working, how you created the
repositories which your operations fail on, how they are accessible
from the PCs with and without your problem, which clients you use in
either case etc. Your posted exception for example surely doesn't
occur on just viewing an empty repo using TortoiseSVN.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:Thorsten.Schoening@AM-SoFT.de