Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com> on 2006/09/08 12:37:15 UTC

Forrestbar and dispatcher - Internal Server Error

Hello all,

We are taking our first steps with dispatcher, and I wanted to use
the Forrestbar in Firefox to help me round the first corners. Alas,
when I click the menu 'dispatcher-dev>ls.contracts (or
ls.contracts.project), I'm greeted with the following message:

---------------------------------
Internal Server Error
Message: null
Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
Source: Cocoon Servlet

Request URI
   ls.contracts.html

cause

Could not find component for role:
[org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/properties]
(Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/
properties')

request-uri
   /ls.contracts.html

Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev
---------------------------------

I have the latest svn sources (r441445). I'm running on MacOS X,
Firefox 1.5.0.6.

We had similar errors with our own project sitemap, but those
vanished after we followed the 0.8 upgrade instructions at http://
forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/upgrading_08.html#modules

I have searched / grepped through all my own code as well as the
local forrest svn code for non-updated places, but found none that
seemed relevant - only documentation lagging behind. So I'm stuck.

Any hint would be appreciated.

By the way, i18n seems to work just as it should also with
dispatcher. Thanks!

The reason for turning to dispatcher is that we want to add a new
section to all pages listing available language versions for that
page, and we figured it would be easier to do that with dispatcher
than hacking one of the old skins. Such a manual override menu/list
is the only thing I really miss in the i18n support of Forrest. If we
get it to work, we'll of course contribute back to the project.

Best,
Sjur

Re: Forrestbar and dispatcher - Internal Server Error

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com>.
El vie, 08-09-2006 a las 13:44 +0300, Sjur Moshagen escribió:
> Answering myself:
>
> Den 8. sep. 2006 kl. 13.37 skrev Sjur Moshagen:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > We are taking our first steps with dispatcher,

:)

Welcome to the dispatcher.

>  and I wanted to use
> > the Forrestbar in Firefox to help me round the first corners. Alas,
> > when I click the menu 'dispatcher-dev>ls.contracts (or
> > ls.contracts.project), I'm greeted with the following message:
>
> I only get the error when using the forrestbar to get the contracts.
> If I manually type in:
>
> http://localhost:8888/ls.contracts.html
>
> it works without problems.

Weird, both are working fine for me. Not sure.

I just updated the forrestbar after the recent changes and it is working
fine for me.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler
COO Spain

Re: Forrestbar and dispatcher - Internal Server Error

Posted by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com>.
Answering myself:

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.
le 08/09/2006 16:41 Sjur Moshagen a écrit :

> Den 8. sep. 2006 kl. 15.09 skrev Cyriaque Dupoirieux:
>
>> le 08/09/2006 12:37 Sjur Moshagen a écrit :
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> We are taking our first steps with dispatcher, and I wanted to use
>>> the Forrestbar in Firefox to help me round the first corners. Alas,
>>> when I click the menu 'dispatcher-dev>ls.contracts (or
>>> ls.contracts.project), I'm greeted with the following message:
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------
>>> Internal Server Error
>>> Message: null
>>> Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>>> Source: Cocoon Servlet
>>>
>>> Request URI
>>>   ls.contracts.html
>>>
>>> cause
>>>
>>> Could not find component for role:
>>> [org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/properties]
>>> (Key='org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.InputModule/properties')
>>>
>> Hi,
>>      I had the same message when I forgot to add the InputModule in
>> my plugin list...
>>
>>    What is weird is that - in your next mail - you say it works with
>> the http://localhost:8888/ls.contracts.html url ?
>>    In the code this is exactly what does the bar :
>>    In the GUI : <menuitem label="ls.contracts"
>> onclick="navigate('http://localhost:8888/ls.contracts.html');" />
>>    In the script : function navigate(url) {
>>  window._content.document.location.href = url;
>> }
>
> I agree, it is strange. Her are the steps I took:
>
> - updated forrest to latest svn
> - forrest seed
> - changed forrest properties to turn on dispatcher - after
> modification it reads:
>
> project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf,org.apache.forrest.plugin.in
>
> ternal.dispatcher,org.apache.forrest.themes.core,org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputMod
>
> ule
>
> - forrest run
> - open Firefox with http://localhost:8889...
>
> NOW I see! --- I'm very sorry I used your time.
>
> I'm running the dispatcher version at port 8889, because I have an
> older, non-dispatcher-enabled version running on port 8888. Port 8888
> is hardcoded into the Forrestbar, but there's no dispatcher on that
> port. Thus, Forrestbar doesn't work, but manual look-up does.
>
> I didn't notice that little difference. I even changed the port number
> in the first e-mail to not distract from what I believed was
> irrelevant details... Well, a new lession learned:-( (ok, it is always
> good to learn new things, so perhaps it should have been a :-) after all)
>
> Again, sorry for waisting your bandwith and time.
No problem, we can see if it is possible to configure our forrest bar
just like many firefox extensions to be able to define the port.
I note this in my task list, because it is interesting (and all the
dispatcher menu will not work with your configration which is sad...)

salutations,
Cyriaque,

Posted by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com>.

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.