Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nigel Magnay <ni...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/14 15:14:39 UTC

[m2] InstallMojo properties

A bit further into my experimenting with generating an m2 plugin - I
have successfully created my mojo and bound it to the bit of lifecycle
to do with packaging. My 'client' project has

<packaging>uberwar</packaging>

To get hte right binding. However - because of this, the install mojo
assumes the extension is going to be [something].uberwar, when I
actually want it to be [something].war

I had hoped
<plugin>
	  <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
	  <configuration>
		<packaging>war</packaging>
 	  </configuration>
	</plugin>

Would do the trick but packaging is defined as readonly...

Is there another (better?) way around this, or should I just create
some more code to get around it?

Re: [m2] InstallMojo properties

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
You need to create an artifact handler - search the archives for other
discussion on this. It is on the "todo" list for documentation.

- Brett