Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mirko Leschikar <mi...@agile.com> on 2006/11/20 15:41:45 UTC

Generate Script or Batch file

Hi,

I am evaluating maven2 to replace our mixture of a custom build tool and
 ant files. Therefore I have a couple of questions which I could answer
by reading manuals and mailing lists posts.

We have used a few scripts and batch files (for Windows) to call certain
main classes in our project. Inside the script the classpath has been
created by refering to all component and all "external" jar files. With
Maven, all jar files have version numbers, so I cannot use a static script.

I know that I could install the jar files in a certain location and cut
of the version information in the filenames, but maybe there is another
possibility?

How do you guys do or would something like that?

Regards
Mirko

Re: Generate Script or Batch file

Posted by Mirko Leschikar <mi...@agile.com>.
Hi Siegfried,

Siegfried Goeschl schrieb:
> You can also get the classpath using ANT and
> maven-artifact-ant-2.0.4-dep.jar and then run your stuff.

Thanks for your answer, I will try that.

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Mirko,

You can also get the classpath using ANT and
maven-artifact-ant-2.0.4-dep.jar and then run your stuff.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl