Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kernel freak <ke...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/30 17:13:38 UTC

Tomcat 7, no_cypher_overlap error, no solutions working, please help.

Hi guys,

I am trying to setup https on tomcat, but not having much luck since 5
hours. I am always getting no_cypher_overlap errror.
The certificate is not self-signed, but issued. The crt file I am importing
for both root and tomcat alias.

These are the files I have domainname.ca-bundle, .crt, .csr, .key, .p12,
domainname.jks,

THis is the command I gave :

keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias root -file domainname.crt -keyalg RSA
-keystore domainaname.jks

Connector looks like this :

 <Connector port="443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
maxThreads="200" compression="force"
              compressionMinSize="1024" scheme="https" secure="true"
clientAuth="false" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2,TLSv1.1,TLSv1"
sslProtocol="TLS" URIEncoding="utf-8"
 compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,text/
javascript,application/x-javascript,application/javascript"
               keystoreFile="domain.jks" keystorePass="pass" />

Still it is not working, there are so many users out there, who have the

same problem, and still there is no good solution for this.

I have also posted it on Stackoverflow(Link below), no help there too. If

anyone knows what I can do, kindly let me know. THis is messed up to

configure https for 5 hours with issued certificate. Thanks.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32866528/apache-tomcat-importing-already-existing-certificates-into-keystore

Regards,
Kernel

Re: Tomcat 7, no_cypher_overlap error, no solutions working, please help.

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
On 9/30/2015 11:13 AM, Kernel freak wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to setup https on tomcat, but not having much luck since 5
> hours. I am always getting no_cypher_overlap errror.

This error means that your server and the client browser don't have any
cypers in common (there are none that they can both work with).

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 30 September 2015 16:13:38 BST, Kernel freak <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>I am trying to setup https on tomcat, but not having much luck since 5
>hours. I am always getting no_cypher_overlap errror.
>The certificate is not self-signed, but issued. The crt file I am
>importing
>for both root and tomcat alias.
>
>These are the files I have domainname.ca-bundle, .crt, .csr, .key,
>.p12,
>domainname.jks,
>
>THis is the command I gave :
>
>keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias root -file domainname.crt -keyalg
>RSA
>-keystore domainaname.jks
>
>Connector looks like this :
>
> <Connector port="443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
>maxThreads="200" compression="force"
>              compressionMinSize="1024" scheme="https" secure="true"
>clientAuth="false" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2,TLSv1.1,TLSv1"
>sslProtocol="TLS" URIEncoding="utf-8"
> compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,text/
>javascript,application/x-javascript,application/javascript"
>               keystoreFile="domain.jks" keystorePass="pass" />
>
>Still it is not working, there are so many users out there, who have
>the
>
>same problem, and still there is no good solution for this.
>
>I have also posted it on Stackoverflow(Link below), no help there too.
>If
>
>anyone knows what I can do, kindly let me know. THis is messed up to
>
>configure https for 5 hours with issued certificate. Thanks.
>
>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32866528/apache-tomcat-importing-already-existing-certificates-into-keystore
>
>Regards,
>Kernel

ssllabs is your friend.