Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jack Woehr <ja...@purematrix.com> on 2001/08/27 21:12:03 UTC

Process ID?

Is there any way to use '$' in a value in Ant?

I tried the following:

<exec executable="sh" outputproperty="some.pid">
  <arg value="-c"/>
  <arg value="who -T | tail -1 | awk '{print $8}'"/>
 </exec>

But this just comes out '8' ... the $sign gets swallowed.
I trie &#36; instead of $ with about the same results.

--
Jack J. Woehr     # "I never worry that all hell will break loose.
Senior Consultant #  I worry that half hell will break loose, which

Re: Process ID?

Posted by Matthew Inger <ma...@sedonacorp.com>.
Jack Woehr wrote:

> Is there any way to use '$' in a value in Ant?
>
> I tried the following:
>
> <exec executable="sh" outputproperty="some.pid">
>   <arg value="-c"/>
>   <arg value="who -T | tail -1 | awk '{print $8}'"/>
>  </exec>
>
> But this just comes out '8' ... the $sign gets swallowed.
> I trie &#36; instead of $ with about the same results.
>
>--
>Jack J. Woehr     # "I never worry that all hell will break loose.
>Senior Consultant #  I worry that half hell will break loose, which
>Purematrix, Inc.  #  is much harder to detect." - George Carlin

use '$$'

--
Matt Inger (matt.inger@sedonacorp.com)
Sedona Corporation