Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Karim Zaki <Ka...@itworx.com> on 2008/08/29 22:33:27 UTC

Tomcat connector receives 404, IIS logs 200

Hi all,

I'm running a Windows Server 2003 machine with IIS 6 and version 1.2.26.0 of the connector. The back-end server is running Tomcat 5.0.28. When making a request to a URL that doesn't exist on the back-end, I see the following behavior:

1. The Tomcat access log shows a 404 response (expected)
2. The Tomcat connector log shows it received a 404 from Tomcat (expected)
3. The IIS log shows a 200 (unexpected)

Any ideas on how this might happen? I have logs from all three to provide when needed. Just thought to check if anyone's seen this before.

Thanks,
Karim

RE: Tomcat connector receives 404, IIS logs 200

Posted by Karim Zaki <Ka...@itworx.com>.
I checked and there's no custom error page. As for the browser, it shows Tomcat's 404 error page. However, the IIS logs still show a 200.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by bh...@aol.com.