Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Uomesh <Uo...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/09 16:07:04 UTC

Master switching using BigIP

Hi,

I am working on solr server setup in production environment. Could you
please advise me if following architecture will work and there will be no
issue with index corruption.

2 master instances(1 primary master,2 backup/inactive master)
Primary master - this will be active master and will doing all indexes

Backup/inactive master - this will be doing all indexes and will be running
but will only be used if primary master dies. All delta/full index will be
done using back ground jobs.
Switching to backup master on all slaves - all slaves will point to dns
names like master.example.com. The dns name will switch to back up master in
case of primary master dies.
core creation - i will have cores created dynamically.
3 slave instances -  slaves will point to dns name master.example.com for
replication. Dynamic cores will be cation on slaves using quartz job. This
job will get the list of all cores from master and will create new cores
from master.
Please let me know if this setup will work in production.

Thanks,
Umesh