Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Chen Qin <qi...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/01 01:03:07 UTC

partial upgrade

Hi there,

So far, flink job is interpreted and deployed during bootstrap phase. Once
pipeline runs, it's very hard to do partial upgrade without stop execution.
(like savepoint is heavy) Is there any plan to allow upload annotated jar
package which hints which stream tasks implementation CAN BE partial
upgraded after next checkpoint succeed without worry about backfill.

Thanks,
Chen

Re: partial upgrade

Posted by Chen Qin <qi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Timo,

Thanks for update. Flink pipeline deployment is very ad hoc and hard to
maintain as a service platform.
Each team may update their pipeline frequently which was completely
blackbox and managed. Idea situation would be have a repo where all code
lives and mapped to running pipelines in configuration. When new code
landed ( without break topology compatibility), job manager should be able
notified to pick up and load new class.

Is there any doc I can follow to wire userclassloader up to prototype :)

Thanks,
Chen

Re: partial upgrade

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.