Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dennis Kertis <dj...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/23 15:51:04 UTC

How is Tapestry StateFUL

In regards to this comment by Howard Lewis Ship:

> Tapestry lets you code in the familiar world of
stateFUL JavaBeans,
> rather than in the artificially
> stateLESS world of servlets.

I am wondering how Tapestry is different than
Struts/Servlets in this manner.  I've been through the
tutorial and some documentation while creating my
first application, and I am wondering how to take
advantage of stateful objects.  Seems to me user state
is kept in the visit object, but isn't that the same
thing as a session object in servlet world?

thanks,
Dennis