Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tod <li...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/19 19:15:15 UTC

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.slf4j.spi.LocationAwareLogger.log

I'm working on upgrading to Solr 3.4.0 and am seeing this error in my
tomcat log.  I'm using the following slf jars:

slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar
slf4j-jdk14-1.6.1.jar

Has anybody run into this?  I can reproduce it doing curl calls to the
Solr ExtractingRequestHandler ala /solr/update/extract.

TIA - Tod

Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.slf4j.spi.LocationAwareLogger.log

Posted by tgfisher <tg...@psu.edu>.
I am currently running into the exact same exception, but I'm not using
Maven. What are my options to fix the issue?

Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.slf4j.spi.LocationAwareLogger.log

Posted by Tod <li...@gmail.com>.
On 10/19/2011 2:58 PM, wrote:
> Hi Tod,
>
> I had similar issue with slf4j, but it was NoClassDefFound. Do you
> have some other dependencies in your application that use some other
> version of slf4j? You can use mvn dependency:tree to get all
> dependencies in your application. Or maybe there's some other version
> already in your tomcat or application server.
>
> /Tim

I had to start over from scratch but I believe that's exactly what it
was.  Things are working now.

Thanks.

Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.slf4j.spi.LocationAwareLogger.log

Posted by Tim Terlegård <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tod,