Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Robert A. Decker" <de...@robdecker.com> on 2002/06/04 23:48:11 UTC

which tokenizer removes * characters?

It seems that one of the analyzers that comes with lucene removes *
characters. It's either the StandardFilter, LowerCaseFilter, or
PorterStemFilter.

However, it doesn't seem to be documented that one of these would remove
that character...

Does anyone have a good strategy for allowing users to use a mix of
wildcards and normal searches on a field? I'm having a problem in that my
analyzer isn't called if there's a wildcard, but if I manually run the
search text through my analyzer the wildcard is removed...

thanks,
rob

http://www.robdecker.com/
http://www.planetside.com/