Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2010/10/20 17:09:34 UTC

Maintenance on owb_1.0_x Branch

Hello;

As you have already know, we have released our 1.0.0 GA. This means that we have
to maintain 1.0_x branch, i.e whenever we commit to "trunk", if it is related
with "1.0_x" branch, we also have to commit that change to 1.0_x branch.

Thanks;

--Gurkan

Re: Maintenance on owb_1.0_x Branch

Posted by Joseph Bergmark <be...@apache.org>.
I agree as well.  I suspect most of the time it will be clear what is a bug
fix and what is a feature.  If it isn't clear, then it doesn't hurt to ask.

Sincerely,

Joe

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
yes sure :)

Maybe my words were too strong - feel free to write any objections if you think we should treat 1.0.x more liberal!
The important thing to me is that we have the same understanding about the fundamental direction about what should land in the 1.0.x branch and what should went into trunk.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
small addendum: we must _only_ touch the 1.0.x branch if this is really an important issue. That means, a blocker or something similar.

All new features + improving capabilities should _only_ be done in 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT (aka our trunk).

Whenever you hit an issue in 1.0.0 please _first_ ping the dev list whether this should go into trunk or _also_ should get fixed in the 1.0.x branch.
I guess this will really be the exceptional case!

This will guarantee that we keep 1.0.x as stable as possible!

txs and LieGrue,
strub