Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Chip Calhoun <cc...@aip.org> on 2017/05/11 20:30:34 UTC

Nutch not indexing all seed URLs

I'm using Nutch 1.12 to index a local site. To keep Nutch from indexing the uninteresting navigation pages on my site, I've made a URLs list of all the URLs I want crawled; the current list is 2522 URLs. However, the indexer stopped after just 1077 of these URLs. My generate.max.count is set to -1. What would cause my URLs to be skipped?

Chip Calhoun
Digital Archivist
Niels Bohr Library & Archives
American Institute of Physics
One Physics Ellipse
College Park, MD  20740-3840  USA
Tel: +1 301-209-3180
Email: ccalhoun@aip.org
https://www.aip.org/history-programs/niels-bohr-library

Re: [MASSMAIL]Nutch not indexing all seed URLs

Posted by Yongyao Jiang <j....@gmail.com>.
Hi Chip,

Another possible reason is that some websites claims in the robot.txt that
crawlers are not allowed to access them. I had the same problem before.

Yongyao

--
Yongyao Jiang
https://www.linkedin.com/in/yongyao-jiang-42516164

RE: [MASSMAIL]Nutch not indexing all seed URLs

Posted by Chip Calhoun <cc...@aip.org>.