Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Claassen <ma...@donnell.com> on 2003/10/09 00:17:54 UTC

Tomcat4.1, jk2, and apache 1.3

Hi.  I am trying to get the mod_jk2 to load into apache 1.3 and I am
slowly going insane.  I have "googled" my way around the web and have
seen lots of people ask the same type of question I am asking, but there
are few good answers.  (I feel a bit like that guy in the commercial
that "finished" the internet.)

I have in my httpd.conf file:
LoadModule		jk2_module libexec/mod_jk2.so
Include		tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf

I have read that there is a way to get tomcat to produce its own
mod_jk.conf-auto file, but I cannot find how to do it.  I have looked at
the jk2 docs a lot, but it seems that they are for a different
(incompatible) version.  The JkMount directives cannot be added manually
either, since mod_jk2 doesn't seem to understand these.

What magic do I need to do so that tomcat 4.1 can produce the jk2 config
file automatically?

Thanks,
Mark

---------------------
"Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions
of our time; the need for man to overcome oppression and violence
without resorting to oppression and violence. "
-- Martin Luther King Jr.

Mark Claassen
Donnell Systems, Inc.
300 S. St. Louis Blvd. Ste. 203
South Bend, IN 46617
E-mail: mailto:mark.claassen@donnell.com
Voice: (574)232-3784
Fax: (574)232-4014

Re: Tomcat4.1, jk2, and apache 1.3

Posted by Don Heitzmann <dh...@dovetl.com>.
Mark, boy can I identify with your first sentence....I'm in the same boat,
and I too am going insane. (Maybe we can meet when we both get there :-) )

The best resource I've found (which I didn't find until a serendipitous
google probe after about 4 days of suffering) is at
www.johnturner.com   This fellow has written a series of docs about how to
get all this stuff going.  Although I have to tell you that it's still not
working right on my machine, I will say that I'm miles closer and also have
a better idea what's going on, having read his doc.
Perhaps you'll find that it works just fine on your machine.  Good luck.
-don