Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Mark Fuqua <ma...@availdata.com> on 2013/12/04 15:16:50 UTC

Remoting and Railo

I am currently running several flex apps (desktop and mobile) which make
extensive use of RemoteObjects.  I am wondering if anyone on list has used
remoteObjects with Railo.  I assume it is difficult.involving BlazeDS or
something similar.  Am I correct in assuming that ColdFusion Flex Remoting
does not work, as is, on Railo?  What is involved?  Currently all my
RemoteObjects are written in MXML.

Mark Fuqua

mark@availdata.com

2301 Mount Carmel Road

Parkton,  MD  21120

(410) 215-7356

www.availdata.com

Re: Remoting and Railo

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 04/12/2013 16:59, Mark Fuqua wrote:
> additional VPS with Railo and see if it "just works", which would be
> extraordinarily pleasant.
You can spin up an Amazon VM for free for of course :-)
I found the process fairly painless, as long as you are used to the
Linux console. Someone has probably made a ready to run public AMI
somewhere too...

Tom

Re: Remoting and Railo

Posted by Kai Koenig <gr...@gmail.com>.
My suggestion would be to just grab Railo and run it locally.

The MessageBroker Servlet (for AMF3) will most likely not be active by default but you have to uncomment it in the web.xml.

Besides that it should pretty much act as a drop-in replacement for Adobe ColdFusion from a Flex point of view.

Check this: https://github.com/getrailo/railo/wiki/Configuration:web.xml

Cheers
Kai

--
Kai Koenig - Ventego Creative Ltd
ph: +64 4 889 3626 - mob: +64 21 928 365 /  +61 435 179 091

Blog in Black: http://www.bloginblack.de
2DDU Podcast: http://www.2ddu.com/
Twitter: @AgentK

RE: Remoting and Railo

Posted by Mark Fuqua <ma...@availdata.com>.
No I have not tried it yet.  I have a Coldfusion 9 VPS, which I have been
very satisfied with, but my host said the price of VPS on 10+ will be
considerably higher as Adobe changed the licensing model.  My understanding
is that Adobe stops supporting/updating/generating patches for versions
except the current and one back.  So with ColdFusion 11 set to be released,
I am looking to make a switch.

Railo VPS is about $35 less per month compared to ColdFusion 9 and I am too
lazy/overwhelmed to make the switch for that amount of money, but I am
looking at needing additional VPS's and plus the move to ColdFusion 10/11
would mean a bigger spread.

So, I am looking at making the move...AFAIK, I am not using anything else
that may cause a problem...I guess over the Christmas holiday, I'll get an
additional VPS with Railo and see if it "just works", which would be
extraordinarily pleasant.

Mark

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

RE: Remoting and Railo