Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Anand Raju <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/12 03:37:53 UTC

Storm for calculations

Hi All,

We have a requirement to do some calculations for an incoming tuple against
each similar record in a database, assuming 200,000 such calculations. Each
calculation is independent and has to be done real time. So a kind of 1 to
many processing. What are the options that can be used involving Storm?
One elementary approach is to decide a specific number of bolts say 5 and
each bolt does 40000 intermediate calculations and then a final bolt can
consolidate it.

Will Trident help in this area?
Can we reduce/eliminate the sequential processing of 40000 calculations for
example and make it parallel.
What are the other better options?

Thanks
Anand