Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Artem Harutyunyan <ar...@mesosphere.io> on 2015/10/08 20:38:29 UTC

apply-reviews.py

Folks,

The current implementation of apply-review.sh does not allow applying
a chain of reviews. It has been a major inconvenience for a lot of us,
so I have put together a python script that makes it possible to apply
a chain of reviews (the corresponding JIRA is at [0]). The version of
the script that uses apply-review.sh internally is posted at [1]. A
followup review that removes that dependency is available at [2].

I would like to invite everyone to try it out and tell me what you
think about it. Also, as we discussed during the last community sync,
we'd like to retire apply-review.sh, so I was wondering whether anyone
is still using that script with github. If so, I will go ahead and add
support for '-g' in the new script.

Cheers,
Artem.

[0] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-3468
[1] - https://reviews.apache.org/r/38705/
[2] - https://reviews.apache.org/r/38883/

Re: apply-reviews.py

Posted by Marco Massenzio <ma...@mesosphere.io>.
Depending on how sophisticated one wants to get, we could abstract away common behavior in a class and have the scripts use the functionality.

You know, you can write well-designed OO code in Python too ;-)

Happy to help where I can.

—
Sent from my iPhone, which is not as good as you'd hope to fix trypos n abbrvtn.

Re: apply-reviews.py

Posted by Artem Harutyunyan <ar...@mesosphere.io>.

Re: apply-reviews.py

Posted by Cody Maloney <co...@mesosphere.io>.