Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Adonis Raduca <ad...@codebeat.ro> on 2007/12/03 17:01:02 UTC

MyFaces logo :)

Hello

I took in consideration all opinions, and suggestions so …
First of all I have chosen the happy version of the logo due to the majority
opinion.
I added the Apache name to the logotype to the Matthias and Bruno suggest.
I developed an Apache red variation of the logo as Alexander recommends.
I develop a blue variation of the logo conform Bruno proposal.

So finally we have 3 logos:
1. The Blue-Orange, two complementary colors, has a strong contrast, but in
my opinion blue is a very common color in many logos now a days in special
ICEfaces has a blueish logo.

2. The Apache red-Apache yellow, inspired from the apache Indians clothes
and art objects. In my opinion this is an interesting color combination, a
good candidate for the final color scheme

3. The most appreciated color combination from the previous logo snapshot.
It's actually my favorite combination, is a good balancing between two
harmonious colors. Also green transmits the sensation of the environment
friendly technology, a present and future trend in many organizations.

Have a nice day!
Adonis

Re: MyFaces logo :)

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!

> 1. The Blue-Orange, two complementary colors, has a strong contrast,
> but in my opinion blue is a very common color in many logos now a days
> in special ICEfaces has a blueish logo.

+1
Thats my favorite! This also allows us nicely to adjust the site colors.

> 2. The Apache red-Apache yellow, inspired from the apache Indians
> clothes and art objects. In my opinion this is an interesting color
> combination, a good candidate for the final color scheme

+0
Wouldn't it be hard to create a web-page out of these color combination.
If not, I can get used to it too.

> 3. The most appreciated color combination from the previous logo
> snapshot. It's actually my favorite combination, is a good balancing
> between two harmonious colors. Also green transmits the sensation of
> the environment friendly technology, a present and future trend in
> many organizations.

-1
For me this color combination is too "earthy" - and resuts in an overall
dark color scheme I think.

Ciao,
Mario

Re: MyFaces logo :)

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adonis,

I also like three - can you do a sample recoloring of the myfaces
website which would fit with this logo?

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: MyFaces logo :)

Posted by Matt Cooper <ma...@gmail.com>.

> 3. The most appreciated color combination from the previous logo snapshot.
> > It's actually my favorite combination, is a good balancing between two
> > harmonious colors. Also green transmits the sensation of the environment
> > friendly technology, a present and future trend in many organizations.
> >
> +1, it's sober, professional and less toy-ish than the other two. I'm sure
> a good web designer can come up with an interesting color palette for a web
> site using that logo as well.

Nice work!  #3 is my favorite.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: MyFaces logo :)

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

See inline and thanks for the really great work.

Regards,

~ Simon

On Dec 3, 2007 11:01 AM, Adonis Raduca <ad...@codebeat.ro> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I took in consideration all opinions, and suggestions so …
> First of all I have chosen the happy version of the logo due to the
> majority opinion.
> I added the Apache name to the logotype to the Matthias and Bruno suggest.
> I developed an Apache red variation of the logo as Alexander recommends.
> I develop a blue variation of the logo conform Bruno proposal.
>
> So finally we have 3 logos:
> 1. The Blue-Orange, two complementary colors, has a strong contrast, but
> in my opinion blue is a very common color in many logos now a days in
> special ICEfaces has a blueish logo.

-1, it's great looking and I love it, but way way too ICEFaces-ish.

> 2. The Apache red-Apache yellow, inspired from the apache Indians clothes
> and art objects. In my opinion this is an interesting color combination, a
> good candidate for the final color scheme

+0, not bad, but I'm really a cool color guy while that one is warm all the
way. I like the idea of using Apache colors scheme though. Did you do any
test using the purple from the Apache feather by any chance? Unlikely to
give a good result since purple is supposedly a color inspiring depression,
but anyway, I find red and yellow (especially the yellow) too brights and
warm.

Re: MyFaces logo :)

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
your new logos are kick-ass !
I like #1

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: MyFaces logo :)

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Looking great.

I'd say either 1 or 2, my preference being #1 for contrast.

RE: MyFaces logo :)

Posted by "Jesse Alexander (KSFH 323)" <al...@credit-suisse.com>.
Congrats again!!! good work

my preference list: