Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Giulio Speri - MpStyle Srl <gi...@mpstyle.it> on 2017/05/04 09:46:45 UTC

Paypal IPN Integration

Hello everyone,

I am writing because I'm trying to integrate PayPal payment system into our
eCommerce site, but I'm facing some difficulties.
I configured PayPal through the Payment Gateway Configuration app and I'd
like to set up the IPN notification system to validate and furthering
process orders.
I followed the IPN documentation of PayPal to set up the listener and the
paypal account (both sandbox and live) to enable it to send IPN messages to
my listener; as a listener I used the java method *payPalIPN* in
*PayPalEvents.java
.*
I 've tried to make some purchases and I can see, from the IPN History of
the business sandbox account, that messages are sent (handshaking is good),
but no "verify" callback is made from the listener (so no order processing
is made), and I'm struggling understanding why.

I've made the listener available through a <request-map> block like this:

*<request-map uri="pPalIPNListen">*
*  <event type="java"
path="org.ofbiz.accounting.thirdparty.paypal.PayPalEvents"
invoke="payPalIPN"/>*
*  <response name="success" type="view" value="ordercomplete" />*
*</request-map>*

Is *payPalIPN* the right method to call as listener? What I'm missing?

I will really appreciate any suggestion or advice about.

Thank You in advance,

Giulio

--
Giulio Speri

*Mp Styl**e Srl*
via Antonio Meucci, 37
41019 Limidi di Soliera (MO)
T 059/684916
M 334/3779851

www.mpstyle.it

Re: Paypal IPN Integration

Posted by Paul Mandeltort <pa...@marcospec.com>.
Giulio, we are working on integrating the Braintree API (Paypal’s latest acquisition) which covers PayPal and credit card processing. We like it because it also gives a pathway to apple pay and google wallet on mobile devices.

Let me know if you’re interested in helping out, we’d like to contribute the integration back to the community.

The current PayPal/Payflow gateway API integrated with OFbiz is obsolete. :-)

—P