Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Heba Farouk <He...@bibalex.org> on 2007/11/01 10:38:43 UTC

how to create a filter factory in solr

Hello there,

I want to create an Arabic filter and Arabic filter factory to add in
solr jar to use in my application, could u give me any guides on how to
do that ??

Thanks in advance

Re: how to create a filter factory in solr

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I want to create an Arabic filter and Arabic filter factory to add in
: solr jar to use in my application, could u give me any guides on how to
: do that ??

Step one is to create your Filter, this is completley independent of Solr,
you can develop directly against the Lucene jar.
... write some unit tests that verify it does what you wnat it to do.

Creating a Factory for your Filter is then trivial ... assuming your
Filters don't have a lot of constructor options, they can be just a few
lines of java code.  for info on using them in Solr check out this wiki...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins

-Hoss