Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Gregory Knapen (LMC)" <Gr...@ericsson.ca> on 2003/05/16 15:54:04 UTC

log4j problems w. tomcat 4.1.18

Hi,

I have already sent this problem to the log4j mailing list, but was redirected here.

I have been using log4j successfully with Tomcat 4.1.24.  But I can't seem to get it to work with tomcat 4.1.18.  It looks like the log4j.properties is not loaded at all and all my logs are redirected to catalina.out.  I use the same very standard configuration in both cases.  My log4j.properties is in my WEB-INF/classes and log4j.jar is in WEB-INF/lib.  I have also tried setting the -Dlog4j.configuration, but no success either.

Does anyone know of any differences between the 2 versions?  It seems like the static initializers in the log4j classes are not being called and therefore the log4j.properties is not being loaded, defaulting all log messages to the stdout.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Greg K.

Re: log4j problems w. tomcat 4.1.18

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.