Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Alex O'Ree <al...@apache.org> on 2015/07/10 01:30:52 UTC

[VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.3.0

Dear jUDDI enthusiasts,

The new release is here! We are long overdue (again!). This release is
primarily bug fixes however there's a number of new features. Just check
out the release notes below!

Here’s are some highlights for this version 3.3.0

   -

   Implementation of UDDIv3 Replication API and completed implementation of
   the Custody Transfer API

   -

   juddi-gui, numerous enhancements, service editor was redesigned to help
   make binding editing easier and simpler, more i18n work and security fixes
   -

   Nodes can change IDs
   -

   More administrative UI capabilities
   -

   A semi full featured command line jUDDI client

With this release have have two distros, a juddi and a uddi-client. The
juddi-distro has the server, client and gui, the uddi-client-distro has the
client, the gui and our TCK.

The release artifacts are staged in nexus:

*https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejuddi-1004/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejuddi-1004/>*

and we have a tag at

*https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/juddi.git/?p=juddi.git;a=tag;h=c3dbbabdd30f393e12ceae74fb40211d0ddde384
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/juddi.git/?p=juddi.git;a=tag;h=c3dbbabdd30f393e12ceae74fb40211d0ddde384>*

Please give it a spin and cast your vote. This vote will be open for the
next 72 hours per the release policy, which is:
- the vote will be closed as soon as 6 hours have past and  >7 +1 votes are
received with no -1 vote being cast, or
 - if after 12h >5 +1 votes have been cast with no -1 vote, or
 - if after 24h if 3 +1 votes have been cast with no -1 vote, or failing
that
 - after 72h provided at least 3 +1 votes have been cast and there is a
majority of +1 votes from the cast votes.

My vote, +1

Sub-task

   - [JUDDI-753 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-753>] - Add
   jpa classes for the uddi replication data structures
   - [JUDDI-895 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-895>] - add
   install data for replication config
   - [JUDDI-901 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-901>] - update
   admin user interface
   - [JUDDI-906 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-906>] - Create
   tck test cases for replication
   - [JUDDI-910 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-910>] -
   Implement directed graph replication
   - [JUDDI-916 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-916>] - reduce
   logout of replication related activities
   - [JUDDI-917 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-917>] - juddi
   api adminSaveBusiness/TModel changes should be added for replicatation
   - [JUDDI-919 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-919>] -
   investigate security options for the replication processes

Bug

   - [JUDDI-242 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-242>] - Expand
   UDDI_090_SubscriptionListenerIntegrationTest to more elements
   - [JUDDI-256 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-256>] - We
   need a test for CustodyTransfer
   - [JUDDI-644 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-644>] -
   Subscription Integration Listener SMTP Tests fail intermittently on Windows
   - [JUDDI-653 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-653>] - Build
   fails on Ubuntu using OpenJDK
   - [JUDDI-708 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-708>] -
   juddi-client .NET mono compatibility
   - [JUDDI-734 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-734>] - Handle
   when a Node changes it ID
   - [JUDDI-735 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-735>] - juddi
   api wsdls do not have fault information listed
   - [JUDDI-739 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-739>] -
   juddi-gui businessEditor throws up
   - [JUDDI-743 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-743>] -
   UDDI_001_UDDIServiceTest has some invalid tests
   - [JUDDI-747 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-747>] - Expand
   jUDDI API test cases
   - [JUDDI-749 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-749>] -
   juddi-gui may throw NPE on redeploy
   - [JUDDI-752 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-752>] -
   UDDI_040_BusinessServiceLoadTest fails to run
   - [JUDDI-870 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-870>] -
   ORA-00910: specified length too long for its datatype in openjpa
   - [JUDDI-873 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-873>] -
   Subscription Listener doesn't work for publisher assertion updates
   - [JUDDI-881 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-881>] -
   find_business does not filter services when providing a tModelBag
   - [JUDDI-891 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-891>] - revise
   juddi install data to match the root node id per spec
   - [JUDDI-892 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-892>] - Broken
   links on juddi tomcat page
   - [JUDDI-896 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-896>] - Fix
   miscellaneous miscellaneous typos and formatting issues
   - [JUDDI-897 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-897>] -
   listDescription is not set for subscription result sets
   - [JUDDI-898 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-898>] -
   Fix/update UDDIConstants class and default tmodel install data
   - [JUDDI-899 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-899>] -
   findBinding by category bag doesn't work
   - [JUDDI-902 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-902>] - When
   removing a publisher, subscriptions are orphaned
   - [JUDDI-903 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-903>] - SQL
   Injection on JUDDI API service, delete_publisher
   - [JUDDI-908 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-908>] -
   Enforce access control rules on deleting publisher assertions
   - [JUDDI-913 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-913>] -
   Publisher Assertion digital signatures are not persisted in the database
   - [JUDDI-920 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-920>] -
   jUDDI's support for HTTP based authentication doesn't work
   - [JUDDI-921 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-921>] -
   Digital Signature Util can fail to validate with a NPE under certain
   conditions
   - [JUDDI-922 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-922>] -
   ValueSetValidation rule processing is incorrect
   - [JUDDI-924 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-924>] -
   CryptoUtil scripts main class is incorrect
   - [JUDDI-926 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-926>] -
   juddi-gui save configuration isn't working correctly

Improvement

   - [JUDDI-605 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-605>] - Add
   configurable subscription callback trust stores for SSL
   - [JUDDI-726 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-726>] - add
   source/wiki documentation for using Subscription for node replication
   - [JUDDI-900 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-900>] - search
   results for find binding should go to the binding editor
   - [JUDDI-925 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-925>] - add a
   flag to warn on non-ssl communication for security apis

New Feature

   - [JUDDI-608 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-608>] - add
   support for tModels with encrypted values
   - [JUDDI-706 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-706>] - Add
   more soap methods to juddi-api service
   - [JUDDI-725 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-725>] -
   Add/support subscription api to synchronize two instances of juddi using
   callbacks
   - [JUDDI-744 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-744>] - Add
   tck tests for uddi rest services
   - [JUDDI-755 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-755>] -
   juddi-client add tModel helper functions
   - [JUDDI-825 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-825>] - add
   value set validation rules
   - [JUDDI-861 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-861>] - send
   smtp email confirmations when subscriptions/publisher accounts are removed
   - [JUDDI-862 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-862>] - option
   to reject signed entities with invalid signatures
   - [JUDDI-905 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-905>] - Add
   basic performance counters to the TCK
   - [JUDDI-907 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-907>] - create
   juddi api methods to get an item's change history
   - [JUDDI-923 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-923>] - change
   record browser for administrators
   - [JUDDI-931 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-931>] - jUDDI
   CLI Client

Task

   - [JUDDI-241 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-241>] -
   Implement Replication API
   - [JUDDI-272 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-272>] - FInish
   implementation of Custody transfer
   - [JUDDI-733 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-733>] - Remove
   juddi-console project
   - [JUDDI-736 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-736>] -
   Identify if the UDDI specs allows for node id changes or rename
   - [JUDDI-748 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-748>] -
   Complete documentation of the 3.3.0 release functionality
   - [JUDDI-760 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-760>] -
   correct links for mailing list
   - [JUDDI-894 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-894>] -
   juddi-tomcat main page should be replaced
   - [JUDDI-912 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-912>] - Update
   documentation for 3.3 release

Test

   - [JUDDI-927 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-927>] - Can
   not access status and statistic of admin

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.3.0

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex, I was going to give it a spin, but I think you forgot to stage
the (signed) distributions. Or maybe just the link to them?

--Kurt

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.3.0

Posted by Alex O'Ree <sp...@gmail.com>.
Ok, looks like the vote passed. I'll finish up the release process tonight
and start on the next one (with CLI)

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.3.0

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.3.0