Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Laurens Vets <la...@daemon.be> on 2018/01/20 00:37:44 UTC

Some Metron Alerts UI questions

Hi list,

I have some general Alerts UI questions/comments/remarks, I hope you
don't mind :) I'm using the UI that's part of Metron 0.4.2. These apply
to my specific use case, so I might be completely wrong in how I use the
UI...

- When you're talking about 'alerts', from what I can see in the UI,
that's synonymous with just events in elasticsearch right? Wouldn't it
make more sense to treat alerts as events where "is_alert" == True?

- It seems that everything I do in the UI is only stored locally? See
https://github.com/apache/metron/tree/master/metron-interface/metron-alerts.
Can this made persistent for multiple people?

- How can I change the content "Filters" on the left of the UI?

- How do I create a MetaAlert?

- What's the plan regarding notifying someone when alerts triggers?

Re: Some Metron Alerts UI questions

Posted by "Vets, Laurens" <la...@daemon.be>.
Thanks for the answers Simon!

Posted by Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>.