Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Ridpath, Ronnie" <rr...@exec-i.com> on 2008/07/28 16:33:48 UTC

Commit failed (details follow): Your file or directory '...' is probably out

Did anyone ever resolve this issue? We’re having it here and I’m have no idea what to tell the developer to do to resolve it!

Thanks!

Ronnie

Achim Domma <ac...@syynx.de> wrote:

> Martin Hauner wrote:

> >> Commit failed (details follow):

> >> Your file or directory '...' is probably out-of-data

> > http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#wc-out-of-date

> > explains why an update may be necessary.

> That seems not to solve my problem. After reading the FAQ entry you are

> refering to, I tried the following:

> - 'svn update', then 'svn commit' -> failed!

> - 'svn commit' with single files. for files I just have added the commit

> works fine.

> - 'svn update' to have the latest revision on all files.

> - 'svn commit' with a changed visual studio project file (*.csproj) fails.

> - 'svn update' on this file shows, that it has the latest revision number.

Strange, no idea why it still fails. :(

--

Martin

Subcommander, http://subcommander.tigris.org

a cross platform Win32/Unix/MacOSX subversion gui

client & diff/merge tool.

Checked by AVG.