Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2005/05/16 01:09:27 UTC

Announcement: Jetspeed-2 M3_preparation branch created / M3 release planned next weekend

Team,

I've created a new J2 branch "M3_preparation" (with version M3_preparation_20050516) in
preparation of the M3 release I'm planning to roll next weekend.

So, be aware that any (solid or low impact) changed to CVS HEAD which you do want to be
part of the M3 release should also be committed/merged to this M3_preparation branch.

If you really don't have time to do the merge yourself but really want it included in M3
please contact me and specify which changes it concerns and maybe I'll can handle the
merge then for you (no promises though as my time is limited too and getting M3 out is
my first priority this week).

Note: I'm planning to provide a few small enhancements to this branch myself too (mostly
Struts Bridge and Security Administration Portlets).

Any help with this (more testing and especially with the release during the weekend) will be
much appreciated.

Furthermore, we could try to do the Jetspeed-1 1.6 (Fusion) release at the same time
as discussed before.
Any ideas and/or support for this too?

Regards, Ate

Re: Announcement: Jetspeed-2 M3_preparation branch created / M3 release planned next weekend

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
The J2 2.0-M3 and J1 1.6 Fusion release is now scheduled for Monday, May 23.

Regards, Ate

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Ate Douma wrote:
> Santiago Gala wrote:
>
>> El lun, 16-05-2005 a las 07:52 -0700, David Sean Taylor escribió:
>>
>> BTW, how about scheduling Wed-Fri next week (after the release) for
>> migration from cvs to subversion?
>>
>> This is long overdue, and unless the release brings catastrophe, we can
>> refrain from committing a few days after (and keep needed patches in
>> patch form ready for svn).
>>
>> Raphael, how were your svn test? I think all right, but I'm not sure.
>>
>> What does people think about it?
>
> +1

+1

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: Announcement: Jetspeed-2 M3_preparation branch created / M3 release planned next weekend

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@aptiwan.com>.
Santiago Gala wrote:
> El lun, 16-05-2005 a las 07:52 -0700, David Sean Taylor escribió:
>
> This is long overdue, and unless the release brings catastrophe, we can
> refrain from committing a few days after (and keep needed patches in
> patch form ready for svn).
>
> Raphael, how were your svn test? I think all right, but I'm not sure.

Pretty OK after one to two small issues when running cvs2svn (but they
have already been fixed after the SVN test made by Noel)

> What does people think about it?

+1 for me

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael.luta@aptiwan.com
Aptiwan, l'intelligence du réseau - http://www.aptiwan.com/

Re: Announcement: Jetspeed-2 M3_preparation branch created / M3 release planned next weekend

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
El lun, 16-05-2005 a las 07:52 -0700, David Sean Taylor escribió:
> Ate Douma wrote:
>
> > Furthermore, we could try to do the Jetspeed-1 1.6 (Fusion) release at
> > the same time
> > as discussed before.
> > Any ideas and/or support for this too?
>
> +1 on releasing 1.6 based on M3
> Can I propose releasing on Monday, May 23 instead of the weekend?

+1 too

BTW, how about scheduling Wed-Fri next week (after the release) for
migration from cvs to subversion?

This is long overdue, and unless the release brings catastrophe, we can
refrain from committing a few days after (and keep needed patches in
patch form ready for svn).

Raphael, how were your svn test? I think all right, but I'm not sure.

What does people think about it?

Regards
--
Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
High Sierra Technology, SLU

Re: Announcement: Jetspeed-2 M3_preparation branch created / M3 release planned next weekend

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.