Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John McAliley <je...@hotmail.com> on 2003/11/10 15:45:06 UTC

Problem with struts form tag and Tomcat

I am getting the following error using Tomcat 5.0.12 and struts 1.1:

StandardWrapperValve[action]: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw
exceptionjava.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/util/net/URL
at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteResponse.isEncodeable(CoyoteResponse.java:1328)
at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteResponse.encodeURL(CoyoteResponse.java:1051)
at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteResponseFacade.encodeURL(CoyoteResponseFacade.java:328)
at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.renderFormStartElement(FormTag.java:586)
at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:511).....

I have checked the Tomcat web server jars and URL is in there and the jar is
in the classpath.  I get this error at random times.  Most of the time the
particular page I am using works fine, but sometimes it gives this error.  I
seem to get this error more when using Netscape 7 as opposed to IE, but that
is probably just coincidence.  I can't see the browser affecting something
like this on the server side.  Is there some kind of compatability issue
with the struts tags and Tomcat 5.0.12?