Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roy Jones <ro...@adelphia.net> on 2003/02/20 06:50:32 UTC

Maven.xml processing when using clean

To whom it may concern,

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or to the dev mailing list but here
is the problem.
When issuing the maven clean "goal" it runs the attain goal in the
incorrectly configured maven file provided below. Not sure if this is how
the file is supposed to be executed but the tag <attainGoal
name="cactus:test"> gets executed when I am supposed to just be cleaning out
my build locations. I see that anything placed outside of the goals tag gets
ran.

<project
  xmlns:j="jelly:core"
  xmlns:m="maven"
  xmlns:u="jelly:util"
  xmlns:a="jelly:ant"
  default="java:jar">

<goal name="test-cactus">
	<attainGoal name="war"/>
</goal>

<!-- THIS ATTAIN GO GETS RAN WHEN ISSUEING THE MAVEN CLEAN GOAL
<attainGoal name="cactus:test-text"/>

</project>

Re: Maven.xml processing when using clean

Posted by Colin Sampaleanu <co...@exis.com>.
Roy Jones wrote:

>To whom it may concern,
>
>Wasn't sure if I should post this here or to the dev mailing list but here
>is the problem.
>When issuing the maven clean "goal" it runs the attain goal in the
>incorrectly configured maven file provided below. Not sure if this is how
>the file is supposed to be executed but the tag <attainGoal
>name="cactus:test"> gets executed when I am supposed to just be cleaning out
>my build locations. I see that anything placed outside of the goals tag gets
>ran.
>
><project
>  xmlns:j="jelly:core"
>  xmlns:m="maven"
>  xmlns:u="jelly:util"
>  xmlns:a="jelly:ant"
>  default="java:jar">
>
><goal name="test-cactus">
>	<attainGoal name="war"/>
></goal>
>

><!-- THIS ATTAIN GO GETS RAN WHEN ISSUEING THE MAVEN CLEAN GOAL
><attainGoal name="cactus:test-text"/>
>
></project>

It's 'correct', in that maven.xml is just a jelly script, and attainGoal
is just a normal jelly tag...  The project tag, which you are inside,
just creates a project object...   I agree it's not necessarilly
intuitive for most people new to maven, especially coming from something
like ant...