Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/11 08:25:14 UTC

rename the "configuration" element in config.xml file ?

I noticed we still have a "configuration" element in the config.xml file.

I am thinking of doing the following for 1.1:

* most importantly, change the "configuration" element name to "module"
to have consistent terminology considering the recent configId changes.
* update cmd line help for --override option in Daemon to use "module"
terminology.
* update the wording in the var\config\README.txt to use the "module"
terminology.
* change the --long startup output to use the word "Module" instead of
"Configuration" - also give us a bit more room on each line.

Any objections?

John

Re: rename the "configuration" element in config.xml file ?

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
John,

I think making those changes as well makes sense.  f we don't get to a level of consistency then I
think we missed the objective :)

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
I created a JIRA for this issue so that we had a place to put Dain's
patch until SVN is back up.

Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn at earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: rename the "configuration" element in config.xml file ?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.