Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by ft420 <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/17 11:23:10 UTC

Re: Getting started with Qman console (was Re: Unable to install qpid on Linux)

Hi
I could do telnet the ip port where broker is running i.e. telnet
xxx.xx.xx.xx 5672 was successful. But still the problem remains same
./perftest --publish is giving connection forced : authetication failed
out files in ../examples/direct/ are also giving same error...

thanks

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Getting started with Qman console (was Re: Unable to install qpid on Linux)

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
ft420 wrote:
> Hi
> I could do telnet the ip port where broker is running i.e. telnet
> xxx.xx.xx.xx 5672 was successful. But still the problem remains same
> ./perftest --publish is giving connection forced : authetication failed
> out files in ../examples/direct/ are also giving same error...
>
> thanks

You either need to configure cyrus-sasl or you can specify --auth no to
the broker to skip authentication for your initial test.

Posted by Andrea Gazzarini <a....@gmail.com>.
> I downloaded QMan Management console from the link that you earlier
mentioned but the directory structure displayed in help file from what was
actually there in the tar file.

I only pointed you to the "get running" page but as I know there's no a
download link...where did you find it? Could you please post that link?

> Also i did not understand the procedure of installing QMan.. what do
you mean by trunk?
Until QMan won't be available as separated download, you need to build the
whole java subtree. To do that :

1) Firstly, check the source for Qpid java out of our subversion
repository:<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/java>

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/java

2) You will also need to checkout the gentools directory at the same level:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/gentools

3) and python:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/python

4) and finally the protocol specification:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/specs

After that go under the qpid/java and :

> ant
> cd management/client
> ant build-release-bin

Now under the current directory you should have a release folder with
a bin subfolder.
Depending on what are you interested run

> qman-jmx.sh

or

> qman-wsdm-start.sh

- You are talking about a QMan Management Console...strictly speaking,
there's no a "QMan Management Console"...are you sure about what you want to
download?

Hope it helps
Andrea

Posted by ft420 <ar...@gmail.com>.