Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Bear Giles <bg...@coyotesong.com> on 2009/09/08 20:03:08 UTC

capturing DDL question

I've looked at oracle.ddl but the DBA wants the actual DDL creating all
tables if possible.  I thought I saw a way to do that but I might be
thinking of the more general JPA environment, not jackrabbit.

Is this possible?  We could always just run the app and use toad to
reverse-engineer it, but he would prefer the generated DDL if possible.

Thanks,

Bear

Re: capturing DDL question

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 20:03, Bear Giles<bg...@coyotesong.com> wrote:
> I've looked at oracle.ddl but the DBA wants the actual DDL creating all
> tables if possible.  I thought I saw a way to do that but I might be
> thinking of the more general JPA environment, not jackrabbit.
>
> Is this possible?  We could always just run the app and use toad to
> reverse-engineer it, but he would prefer the generated DDL if possible.

Depends on your Jackrabbit configuration and on the number of
workspaces you have. Note that workspaces can be created at runtime
which will lead to the creation of additional tables.

The ddl file for the persistence manager (the most important one)
creates those tables for each workspace. This is done through the
placeholder ${schemaObjectPrefix} which will typically be the
workspace name ala "foobar_" (set in the pm configuration of the
repository/workspace.xml).

If you use the DBFileSystem, it will create tables for each workspace
as well. For the DB DataStore, there will be only one table for the
whole repository (shared by all workspaces), which is defined by the
statement in org/apache/jackrabbit/core/data/db/oracle.properties.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek