Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Blazeix <fu...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/22 20:55:52 UTC

Custom Error Messages

Hi, I'm using wicket 1.2.6 and Java 1.5, and I would like to put custom error
messages in my application. I used the following lines in my application's
init() method

	this.getApplicationSettings().setInternalErrorPage(ErrorPage.class);
	this.getApplicationSettings().setPageExpiredErrorPage(ExpiredPage.class);

The ExpiredPage works fine, however when I induce a bug into my code (trying
to add a label that doesn't exist in the markup) The full stack trace gets
printed out, rather than my ErrorPage. Oddly enough, appending either one of
the following two lines in the init method makes the ErrorPage show:

getExceptionSettings().setUnexpectedExceptionDisplay(IExceptionSettings.SHOW_INTERNAL_ERROR_PAGE);
-OR-

this.getRequestCycleSettings().setUnexpectedExceptionDisplay(Settings.SHOW_INTERNAL_ERROR_PAGE);

The problem is that various parts of both these two lines are deprecated.
The API says that the deprecated parts are replaced by IApplicationSettings,
which is what I was using in the first code block. How can I make my own
custom error pages without having to include deprecated methods/fields?
Thanks for any help

Re: Custom Error Messages

Posted by Ayodeji Aladejebi <al...@gmail.com>.
In development mode, you will get your error messages, but your custom error
pages are loaded in Production mode. so switch to production mode