Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Siv Anette Fjellkårstad <sa...@steria.no> on 2010/01/19 08:14:00 UTC

build path

Hi!
I try to run the tests of Solr 1.4 in Eclipse, but a most of them fails. The error messages indicate that I miss some config files in my build path. Is there any documentation of how to get Solr up and running in Eclipse? If not; How did you set up (build path for) Solr in Eclipse?

Another question; Some of the tests also fail when I run ant test. Is that normal?

Sincerely,
Siv

This email originates from Steria AS, Biskop Gunnerus' gate 14a, N-0051 OSLO, http://www.steria.no. This email and any attachments may contain confidential/intellectual property/copyright information and is only for the use of the addressee(s). You are prohibited from copying, forwarding, disclosing, saving or otherwise using it in any way if you are not the addressee(s) or responsible for delivery. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender and cancel it immediately. Steria may monitor the content of emails within its network to ensure compliance with its policies and procedures. Any email is susceptible to alteration and its integrity cannot be assured. Steria shall not be liable if the message is altered, modified, falsified, or even edited.

SV: Please help: Failing tests

Posted by Siv Anette Fjellkårstad <sa...@steria.no>.
Thank you so much - that helped a lot. Now most of the tests are green, but I still have some failing. One of failing tests is testMultiThreade and the error messages is:

Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: QueryElevationComponent missing config file: 'elevate.xml
either: C:\data\solrRelease1.4.0\conf\elevate.xml or C:\DOCUME~1\saf\LOCALS~1\Temp\org.apache.solr.client.solrj.embedded.LargeVolumeJettyTest-1263980101765\elevate.xml must exist, but not both.
	at org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryElevationComponent.inform(QueryElevationComponent.java:174)

I attach a bmp showing my test configuration.

Which elevate.xml is it searching for, and how can I get Eclipse to find it?

Sincerely,
Siv

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

Please help: Failing tests

Posted by Siv Anette Fjellkårstad <sa...@steria.no>.
I'm tring to run the unit tests from Eclipse. Almost half the tests are failing, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. This is what I've done:

1. Checked out the code outside Eclipse's workspace
2. File > New > Project > Java project.
3. Create project from existing source"

4. Five compiler errors. Fixed in this way:
Properties > Java Build Path > order and Export
Moved “JRE System Library” to the top

5. Run As > Run Configuration > Arguments > VM Arguments: -Dsolr.solr.home=<my solr dir>

One of the error messages:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: QueryElevationComponent missing config file: 'elevate.xml
either: C:\data\solr\release-1.4.0\conf\elevate.xml or C:\DOCUME~1\saf\LOCALS~1\Temp\org.apache.solr.DisMaxRequestHandlerTest-1263934397062\elevate.xml

When I add one conf-directory to the build path, another one is still missing. What have I done wrong?

Please help me. I need the tests to run for a presentation in a few days, and I'm really struggeling.

Kind regards,
Siv

Posted by Amit Nithian <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: build path

Posted by Wangsheng Mei <ha...@gmail.com>.
I this it is.

SV: build path

Re: build path

Posted by Wangsheng Mei <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: build path

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: build path

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:DonDiego/Thread_hijacking

-Hoss