Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io> on 2015/06/02 20:52:48 UTC

notes from Kafka KIP hangout Jun. 2

The following are my notes.

1. Security: Harsh will upload a new SSL patch in the next day or two.

2. KIP-21 (dynamic configuration):
How to serve DescribeConfigRequest? Currently, topic config is only cached
on brokers storing the topic. We will need to either cache the config on
every broker or read to config from ZK directly. Since
DescribeConfigRequest is used infrequently, it's probably simpler to start
with just reading from ZK.

3. KIP-19 (Producer request timeout):
We agreed that option 3 in the wiki is simple and makes the most sense.
Jiangie will start the voting thread.

4. KIP-4 (admin command):
We discussed whether to leave ISR in the TopicMetadataResponse. There is no
objection to this. However, Joel will follow up on this to see whether it's
better to piggyback ISR in the fetch response itself.

Thanks,

Jun

Re: notes from Kafka KIP hangout Jun. 2

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
We have a proposal to propagate ISR changes to every broker in KAFKA-1367.

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Ashish Singh <as...@cloudera.com>.
Jun,