Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2019/06/05 17:56:08 UTC

[DISCUSS] Deprecate older hypervisors in 4.14

All,

Bases on some conversation on a Github issue on moving to Python3 today, I would like to propose a PR after 4.13 is cut on deprecation of following hypervisors in the next major 4.14 release:

- XenServer 6.2, 6.5 and older
- VMware 5.x
- KVM/CentOS6/RHEL6 (though we've already voted and agreed to deprecate el6 packages in 4.14)

Note that it was mentioned in recent release notes as well, but I wanted to kick off a discussion thread if esp. our users have any objections or concerns: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Hypervisor+and+Management+Server+OS+EOL+Dates

Thoughts? Anything we should add, remove? Thanks.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecate older hypervisors in 4.14

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 6/5/19 7:56 PM, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> All,
>
> Bases on some conversation on a Github issue on moving to Python3 today, I would like to propose a PR after 4.13 is cut on deprecation of following hypervisors in the next major 4.14 release:
>
> - XenServer 6.2, 6.5 and older
> - VMware 5.x
> - KVM/CentOS6/RHEL6 (though we've already voted and agreed to deprecate el6 packages in 4.14)

I would also opt for Ubuntu 14.04 as that is EOL since April 2019 and we
should/could drop that support as well.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
OVM ?

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
Sounds like a good idea!

People can still stay on a older version of CS if needed for them.

We can't support older versions for ever.

Wido

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
OVM ?

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.